REIGN: Blood and Snow
Lace (a.k.a. Eva Orenburg)
A Merchant turned Spy who now masquerades as a Merchant.
Lace (Eva Orenburg)
Place herself in a beneficial place in terms of information gain
Lace will remain loyal to Cassius Radec despite any circumstance and will return to the empire when everything dies down
To gain more personal wealth
Stats & Skills
Body – 2
Athletics (1) + (2) = 3
Endurance (2) + (2) = 4
Fight (0) + (2) = 2
Parry (0) + (2) = 2
Run (3) + (2) = 5
Vigor (2) + (2) = 4
Sense – 4
Direction (1) + (4) = 5
Eerie (0) + (4) = 4
Empathy (2) + (4) = 6
Hearing (2) + (4) = 6
Scrutinize (2) + (4) = 6
Sight (2) + (4) = 6
Charm – 4
Fascinate (0) + (4) = 4
Graces (2) + (4) = 6
Lie (3) + (4) = 7
Jest (0) + (4) = 4
Plead (2) + (4) = 6
Coordination – 4
Climb (2) + (4) = 6
Dodge (3) + (4) = 7
Perform (0) + (4) = 4
Ride (2) + (4) = 6
Stealth (3+MD) + (4) = 7+1MD
Weapon: Dagger (4) + (4) = 8
Weapon: Throwing Daggers (3) + (4) = 7
Command – 3
Haggle (4) + (3) = 7
Inspire (0) + (3) = 3
Intimidate (0) + (3) = 3
Perform (0) + (3) = 3
Stability (0) + (3) = 3
Knowledge – 2
Sorcery (2) + (2) = 4
Counterspell (0) + (2) = 2
Healing (0) + (2) = 2
Language: Uldish (MD) + (2) = 2+1MD
Language: Imperial (MD) + (2) = 2+1MD
Language: Orangutan (ED) + (2) = 2+1ED
Language: Truil (ED) + (2) = 2+1ED
Lore (3) + (2) = 5
Strategy (0) + (2) = 2
Tactics (0) + (2) = 2
Student: Navigation (1) + (2) = 3
Student: Spying (4) + (2) = 6
Student: Merchant-ry (1) + (2) = 3
Student: Herbology (1) + (2) = 3
Advantages & Esoteric Disciplines
- Lucky (1) – Allows 1 re-roll per game to a non-succesive pool.
- Thick Headed (1) – One extra hit box to location 10.
- Linguist (3) – After each session, gain 1XP for languages only.
- Literate (2) – Literate in both Uldish & Imperial
- Possessions (2) – Riding Horse & Peasant Wagon
- Wealth (5)
- Opetkan Vanishing
- A Stance Outside The Self
- Needs a few minutes of prep time, with a successful Stealth roll, any stranger seeing the player for the next hour will not recall their looks they will remember an indeterminate person.
- A Series Of Undifferentiated Occult Knocks
- By taking one point of shock to an area due to the need for blood, and a successful stealth roll the player can open a lock.
- Close To The Maddening Crowd
- If in a crowd of 15+ people, on a successful coordination + stealth, blend in with the crowd, no normal person will be able to distinguish Lace from the crowd
- A Stance Outside The Self
- Autumn Warfare
- Feather Tread
- If stealth is used to remain unheard only then +1d bonus (or ofset -1d penalty)
- Quickstep Grace
- All stealth rolls to remain unheard go off at +1 to width
- Feather Tread
- Dancing Unseen
- Dance Of The Burglar
- When multi-actioning Stealth with another action, do so without the -1d penalty.
- Shadows, Haze & Undergrowth
- When near cover or with something that obscures vision, remove penalties/difficulties to Stealth or add a +1d bonus.
- Dance Of The Burglar
- Herbal Attunement
- Temporarily attune to Way of the Woods, lasts until next spell is cast, intensity 2
- Creeper Climb
- If there is a vine or creeper add an MD to climb, intensity 2
- Can be attempted once a day, if successful caster doesn’t need to eat however must spend time in the sun, intensity 1
- Blossom Fresh
- Cleaning spell, intensity 1
Equipment & Possessions
Armour – Iron Cap (AP2, Loc 10), Cavalry Boots (AP1, Loc 1-2), Leather Armour (AP1, Loc 3-9)
Merchantry Possessions – General goods and wears.
Misc. – A nice hat with gloves & belt to match
Peasant Wagon & Draft Horse
House & Shop
Eva grew up in the Empire to a Merchant Father & a Jeweler Mother, so from a young age was thrust into a world of trading and bargaining. Unfortunately it also meant a lot of moving about in her younger years. At around sixteen Eva decided she’d had enough of the merchant lifestyle and set up in the Central City. Unfortunately for a young girl with no claim to any profession this was not the brightest idea, she soon had little to her name and no place to stay. Cast out to the streets as a beggar she had very little luck at first but with a few creative ideas soon found herself just surviving.
It didn’t take long for Eva to realize that begging was never going to lead to a prosperous lifestyle, and through others in a similar situation she learnt and took up petty thievery, at first she worked with some others who paid her for what she got but she learnt quickly she could get more through direct selling, using skills from her past she soon set up a fairly decent lifestyle as a cut-purse and merchant, a couple of close calls with other of her kind and previous owners set her to very quickly become sneakier with her dealings and to take up wearing a sturdy dagger on her belt.
Her mini-business set her up quite well but she soon realized it was taking her down the path she’d striven to avoid, all in all with stealing on the side, but a merchant none the less. A close call with the law caused her to leave the central city and travel for a bit. It was during this encounter that Eva’s luck would finally turn. On a trip to Paher she encountered a robbery in progress, feeling in a good mood she decided to put her skills to the test, stealthily dispatching the robbers with relative ease.
The man she save turned out to be none other than Cassius Radec, at the time Eva knew little of him but due to the fact that he owed his life to her Cassius took her in under his wing. Seeing her potential he decided to train her in Spycraft, seeing little else to do she accepted. Radec for the most part trained her directly and she quickly learnt a lot. It was when she turned 18 she took on her first mission and straight away once on a job she realized there was still a lot she could learn. Over the time she resided with Radec she came to admire him and she would spend a lot of time with him.
It was during a normal evening when he came to her with another mission, on her success he had stated that he’d finally get her put onto the official spy list, unfortunately things didn’t quite go to plan and being caught mid robbery is a little more severe crime and as she was still training she was on her own.
Rather than stick around to find the sentence she devised the plan to slip out, with a bit of good luck and those skills she’d honed so well she disappeared, she returned to Radec as she knew that after everything he’d still have a plan for her. Keeping to the shadows she infiltrated the place she knew so well. He had clearly been expecting her, with a plan to get her out of the Empire, he sent her Uldholm, He had his eye on a few things and wanted someone in place when he needed further information.
So off she went, changing her alias to Lace as soon as she hit the border she headed to Uldholm. Setting up in the town, she found her way into the merchants guild, the need for a guise was as strong as ever and at first she settled into the world around her gathering information and waiting for further instruction…